The Season of Creation – also known as ‘Time for Creation’ or Creationtide – is observed by Christians around the world from the 1st of September to the 4th of October. It’s a time to reflect on and respond to our calling to steward the earth. There are prayer resources on the Season of Creation website.
- Shrinking the Footprint offers daily reflections for personal or group use
- CAFOD has prayers and an interesting discussion guide
- CTBI and the United Methodist Church offer lectionary-based reflections and prayers for each week
- CCOW has prayer powerpoints you can use in services and
- Pray and Fast for the Climate has an array of resources, including links to Common Worship materials
In addition to local events, there are some online events gathering people together around the globe, including an online prayer service on the 1st of September, an online Taize service with the Archbishop of Canterbury, and a divestment announcement.
In our diocese, Canon David Hodgson, at All Saints, Wokingham, is writing a daily blog for Season of Creation: you can find that here.
To find events in our diocese, go to the events section.