Caring for God’s Acre is organising a one day conference on managing churchyards. The Beautiful Burial Ground Conference will explore simple ways to use your churchyard to create a haven for wildlife, for heritage, and for people.
Saturday 28th September – 10-4pm at Thame Barns Centre, Thame, Oxfordshire
The day is aimed at everyone who cares about the management of burial grounds, and explore a range of themes including:
- Caring for your grassland in a way that is sensitive to both wildlife and visitors
- Involving people, raising funds and recruiting volunteers
- Investigating, recording and conserving your burial ground and its stones
- Writing brilliant new guides
- Tree care – looking after your green monuments
- and Case studies – incl. swifts, repairing walls & cemeteries
Places are limited – and booking is essential. Tickets cost £15 to include lunch & refreshments
The day will take place at Thame Barns Centre, Thame, Oxfordshire on Saturday 28th September – 10-4pm.
Poster: Contact Caring For God’s Acre for a printed version or download: POSTER PDF
Churchyard Action Pack
Even if you can’t go to the conference you may be interested in the new Churchyard and Burial Ground Action Pack from Caring for God’s Acre. The resource has a wealth of information to help with the sensitive management of your churchyard. There are guidelines on the management of wildlife habitats such as grassland and trees, and features such as lychgates, boundary walls and old stonework. It also includes information on how to involve others and how to make use of these places for learning and community activity.
It is available to buy or download from the Caring for God’s Acre website.