‘The Stream of Life: Tributaries and trails of thanksgiving, vulnerability and radical choice.’ A Christian Ecology Link day of celebration and exploration with Philip Roderick, Director of the Quiet Garden Movement, Leader of Contemplative Fire, and Adviser in Spirituality, Sheffield Diocese.
The CEL 2013 Conference will take place in Leeds on Saturday 16 March – 11am to 5pm.
During the morning Philip Roderick willexplore with body, mind and spirit the relationship between God, nature and the human. He will draw from the Scriptures and from the deep insights of Eastern orthodox theologians and practitioners. In the afternoon there will be a choice of interactive workshops on nourishing our Christian environmental witness with:
- Philip Roderick in prayer, contemplation and intercession;
- David Hughes (Eco-congregation) in church life and buildings
- Rev Adrian Alker (Chair of Ripon and Leeds Diocesan Environment Committee) in worship, liturgy and preaching.
Three more workshops will focus on experience and action on current debates:
- Bill Cross (Askham Bryan Agricultural College) on agriculture
- Rev Lindsey Pearson (Christian Aid, Yorkshire Region) and
- Rev Andrew Pearson (Priest in Charge, Oulton with Methley) on world development and environment
- Ruth Jarman (CEL climate change campaigner) on climate change.