A Rocha UK, the Christian Environmental Charity, has recently produced a new resource for the RE GCSE faith and the environment module. The pack contains video clips, 10 lesson plans, power point presentations and a colourful pupil booklet with exercises.
You can see sample resources on their website at: www.arocha.org.uk/education, where you can also buy the pack online.
The GCSE Resource Pack includes a DVD & Booklet, plus classroom and homework activities, Powerpoint presentations, short films and printable resources – material for 10 lessons. It is suitable for RE at GCSE and Key Stage 3 & 4 and covers 6 theme:
- Wow! What is so amazing about the world? (to think about views and attitudes towards the natural world)
- Origins (to discover and evaluate Christian beliefs about how the world was created)
- God, People and Nature (to discover what the Bible teaches about caring for the environment, and to reflect on our responsibility for the natural world)
- Rubbish Dump World (to analyse the problems caused by environmental damage, and various Christian responses)
- What does A Rocha do and why? (to use A Rocha as a case-study of a Christian response to the environment, focusing on projects in Kenya, India and the UK)
- Reflections (to review Christian teachings and own behaviour with regard to the environment)
Find out more at www.arocha.org.uk/education