Every year we encourage church communities to observe Creation Tide (aka a Time for Creation) and in 2011 it runs for the five weeks from 1 September to 4 October, which, with the downtime of summer holidays, may mean you need to start planning early.
Churches Together in Britain and Ireland (CTBI) produce resources for Creation Tide each year, and this year the chosen focus is ‘Food in God’s creation’ under the heading Our Daily Bread.
CTBI have produced a range of resources to equip churches and help planning – and they are available now on their website to download. The Our Daily Bread resources include:
- Sermon notes – include a series of themed sermons for each week of creation tide, plus two longer sermons
- Re-imagining Harvest – a creative suggestion for a new form of Harvest Festival and community event
- Ecumenical service outline – complete with PowerPoint presentation
- Discussion group resource – through two case studies, and questions to aid discussion, a group is equipped to look at farming practices in the UK and ask what does sustainable farming in the UK mean for us?
- Background paper – a three page background paper on food, agriculture and issues for consumers.
Download all the Our Daily Bread resources here.
Do you have resources that could be used in Creation Tide? Get in touch or leave a comment below.