The Story of Stuff started as a 20-minute on-line film that explores the often hidden environmental and social consequences of our love affair with ‘stuff’. Since then the project has developed new films looking at The Story of Bottled Water, and The Story of Cap & Trade. They are all accesible introductions to complex problems, which may be helpful resources for group discussions.
In addition the project has also produced Let There Be… Stuff? – a faith-based resource designed for a groups of young people between 13-18 years old. It is divided into six sections and provides opportunities for young people to:
- Think – gain new information about stuff and think about its impact on their lives
- Reflect on God’s teachings related to the topic
- Engage the theme more deeply
- Get Inspired by actions others have taken
- Enact what they’ve learned with an Action Plan
The resources are US in style and content, but should work for a UK audience, and may just help group leaders tackle complex issues in new ways.
Find out more at: www.storyofstuff.com