As the cold weather starts some people in our communities will be struggling to keep warm. To help combat this, a free phone helpline has been set up to advise residents in Oxfordshire how to cut their fuel bills. The service is offered by the United Sustainable Energy Agency in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council, the five district councils and the Primary Care Trust.
If you have struggled to stay warm in previous years or are struggling with your energy bills, or you know of someone that is, you can call the helpline for free, impartial advice on:
- Improving the efficiency of your property through cavity wall and loft insulation including the grants available
- Warm Front grants to help with heating system replacements
- Switching energy suppliers to find the best deal
- Social tariffs provided by the energy companies for vulnerable customers
- Advice on fuel debt
- Home Improvement Agencies who undertake minor repairs for vulnerable home owners
- Sign posting to other active support organisations
- Information on improving your energy efficiency to cut your energy bills
The phone number is 0800 1070044 and is available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.